Budgerigars, also known as parakeets or more commonly parakeets, make great companions for a number of reasons:
- Being flock animals, Budgies are very social and enjoy interacting with their human companions along with other budgies (and sometimes cockatiels!).
- Budgies are relatively easy to care for compared to other types of parrots, but let that fool you into thinking they’re easy compared to other pets!
- Relative to other parrots, they don’t require a lot of space and are easy to feed and maintain.
- They have a relatively long lifespan, with some living up to 10-15 years; roughly the same as a cat or dog.
- Despite their small size, budgies are highly intelligent and can learn to do a variety of tricks and even mimic sounds and words. In some cases, they can even learn to talk fairly clearly.
- Compared to other types of pets, especially other parrots, budgies are relatively affordable to purchase and maintain.
- In the wild, Budgies are known for being green and yellow. However, thanks to captive breeding, they come in all sorts of beautiful and vibrant colors
If you’d like to know about our availability of Budgerigars, then please use the details on our contact page to reach out to us.