Pigeons can make great pets for several reasons:
- Pigeons are relatively low maintenance pets, especially compared to parrots. They require a simple diet of pigeon feed, water, and grit; and they generally do not need special supplements or treats.
- Pigeons can be very affectionate and enjoy spending time with their owners. They are known to coo and nuzzle with their humans and can even be trained to do simple tricks.
- Pigeons have a calm and docile nature, which makes them a good pet for people who prefer a more relaxed companion. They are not as hyperactive as some other birds and are content with sitting on their perch and watching the world go by.
- Some breeds, like the fantail pigeon, have elaborate feathered tails that are truly stunning.
- Pigeons can live up to 10-15 years or more with proper care
If you’d like to know about our availability of Pigeons, then please use the details on our contact page to reach out to us.